[opensuse-buildservice] Build logs on build.o.o/stage
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:35:30 +0100
Hi everybody, especially coolo, as I think you're most hacking on b.o.o/stage.

I was just wondering regarding the build logs: when I check a log, like for
example
https://build.opensuse.org/stage/package/live_build_log?arch=i586&package=me-tv&project=home%3Adimstar&repository=openSUSE_Factory

this loads blazing fast (good), but does not show me the entire log. Whereas I
perfectly agree that on a build failure, this is normally what I need
in order to see what is wrong, it can also remove some information which I
would need to see.

A real-life example: evince was built for a while (in devel project) without
PDF support. The configure check for it failed. Nevertheless, the build
succeeded perfectly (file list was ok and all that). Skimming through the
output of %configure showed what was wrong.

What I'm missing now in the current build log viewer is a way to show me the
entire log. I think defaulting to the last 1000 lines (or whatever it is
now) is great, but the option for all the log is missing (another option than
removing /stage from the url I mean :) )

What do you think? completely non-sense? Or did I just miss the obvious (yes,
osc is obvious, but not the one I'm looking for).

Dominique