Re: [opensuse-buildservice] infuriating buildservice behaviour - "undefined reference to ..."
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 12:42:03 +0100
Am Freitag 20 November 2009 schrieb Mathias Homann:
Hi all,

I have several packages on home:lemmy04 that fail to build for openSUSE
11.2, with the most infuriating symptoms, most prevalent being linker
errors of the "undefined reference to..." kind.

The puzzle is, the same packages build just fine locally on my 11.2 laptop,
and they build just fine for openSUSE < 11.2...

Any helpful ideas?

openSUSE 11.2 uses -Wl,-as-needed as default when building in our build
environment. You can disable it in your package with export SUSE_ASNEEDED=0
or you can fix your packages to link all packages they rely on in the right
order. For more details, check the opensuse-packaging archive - the question
belongs there anyway I'd think.

Greetings, Stephan