Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to download/import the openSUSE buildkey for Debian/Ubuntu?
  • From: Carsten Hoeger <choeger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 13:07:40 +0100
On Wed, Nov 11, Peter Pöml wrote:

What we need now is the possibility for Debian/Ubuntu people to import
that
key into their apt keyring.

Something like

wget http://opensuse.org/buildkey.pub
apt-key add - < buildkey.pub

or

http://wiki.debian.org/SecureApt#Howtofindakey

but it doesn't look like the obs keys can be found on keyservers.

If not, people will get this warning:

W: GPG error: http://download.opensuse.org Release: The following
signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
NO_PUBKEY 85753AA5EEFEFDE9

I was not able to find out, where the obs public buildkey can be found. It
is
not in the openSUSE-build-key package.

For me, the following procedure worked:
http://mirrorbrain.org/docs/installation/debian/#add-package-repository

Maybe I was only lucky that the key server had the key? I don't know. I
assumed that it has been uploaded there.

Ah, that simply proves, that I am to dumb to use gpg.
Dumb enough to assume, that a --search-key will find keys.

Not found:

choeger@mobile:~> gpg --search-key 85753AA5EEFEFDE9
gpg: searching for "85753AA5EEFEFDE9" from hkp server wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
gpg: key "85753AA5EEFEFDE9" not found on keyserver

But there:

choeger@mobile:~> gpg --recv-key 85753AA5EEFEFDE9
gpg: requesting key EEFEFDE9 from hkp server wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
gpg: key EEFEFDE9: "openSUSE:Tools OBS Project
<openSUSE:Tools@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>" not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 1

--
With best regards,