Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to download/import the openSUSE buildkey for Debian/Ubuntu?
  • From: Peter Pöml <poeml@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:40:35 +0100
Hi Carsten,

Am 11.11.2009 um 11:34 schrieb Carsten Hoeger:
Hi,

i'm glad, that my patch to generate a secure apt repository has been applied
and is now working.

Me too; thanks for it.

What we need now is the possibility for Debian/Ubuntu people to import that
key into their apt keyring.

Something like

wget http://opensuse.org/buildkey.pub
apt-key add - < buildkey.pub

or

http://wiki.debian.org/SecureApt#Howtofindakey

but it doesn't look like the obs keys can be found on keyservers.

If not, people will get this warning:

W: GPG error: http://download.opensuse.org Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 85753AA5EEFEFDE9

I was not able to find out, where the obs public buildkey can be found. It is
not in the openSUSE-build-key package.

For me, the following procedure worked:
http://mirrorbrain.org/docs/installation/debian/#add-package-repository

Maybe I was only lucky that the key server had the key? I don't know. I assumed that it has been uploaded there.

Peter