Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to download/import the openSUSE buildkey for Debian/Ubuntu?
  • From: Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:36:01 +0100
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:34:07AM +0100, Carsten Hoeger wrote:

i'm glad, that my patch to generate a secure apt repository has been applied
and is now working.

What we need now is the possibility for Debian/Ubuntu people to import that
key into their apt keyring.

Something like

wget http://opensuse.org/buildkey.pub
apt-key add - < buildkey.pub

or

http://wiki.debian.org/SecureApt#Howtofindakey

but it doesn't look like the obs keys can be found on keyservers.

AFAIK the keys of the OBS projects are not pushed to any key servers.
You need to download them from the particular project you want to use.

Wouldn't it counted as flooding as soon as every new key would be
published at the public keyservers?

For rpm based repositories the key is stored at
<project>/<distribution>/repodatarepomd.xml.key

I've not checked how the layout of a Debian repository looks like.

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]
Samba Team