Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Local build of package
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:32:44 +0100

Why do we need two tools? Here're some questions and comments that come to my
mind:

* osc has already a local build option.
* build and osc build both setup a local chroot
* for documentation it's easier to describe only one tool and not two.
* Do both share the same libraries and routines? Or do we reinvent the wheel
everytime?
* build uses the local media - why can't osc do the same
* osc calculates the build dependencies on the server, build on the local
machine. Why can't an osc local build do it on the local machine?

I'm not getting yet why we need two tools. The build service has changed many
ways we used to work - let's continue to thing out of the box,

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany