Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Local build of package
  • From: Juergen Weigert <jw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 22:48:57 +0100
On Nov 09, 09 22:24:27 +0100, Adrian Schröter wrote:
I see a package in the build service,
want to check out a copy, fix a bug, compile, test, ...
and afterwards I want to send a patch, check in or submit.

We don't have THAT, afaik.

osc branch & osc sr ?
yes, you need an account for that and we want this if you contribute.

That creates the branch on the server before working on it, and unless I
prevent it manually, the server wastes cpu cycles trying to build half
baken packages in my branched project.

if you just want to build offline, just use the offline tool. Where is
the advantage to use the online tool to do the same job as the offline
tool ?

What offline tool do you have in mind?
build

Works for 'I see a package on my DVD' or on SUSE NFS server, but not
for 'I see a package in the build service'. Not a useful community tool.

Seriously, you all would cry if suddenly the speed of api.o.o would decrease
lot and plenty of timeout errors do appear on all kind of osc operations. And
that for no good reason at all.

This is true, but I don't see the connection.
Why would building at client side decrease server speed?
api.o.o does not even know that my package exists.

cheers,
JW-

\ | 0911 74053-508 __/ (____/ /\