Re: [opensuse-buildservice] [patch] [osc] Fallback to plain file, if cpio download isn't available.
  • From: "Jan-Simon Möller" <dl9pf@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 19:37:13 +0100
On 2009-11-09 15:20:02 +0100, Jan-Simon Möller wrote:
Hi !

The new cpio file query needs a fallback option in case of the api being an
_old_ api .
This is really needed - just think of migration scenarios and for backward
compatibility.

It seems you're using a _really old_ API:)

No, i got an error with an api of rev.8836 and also with an slightly older
version. So I wouldn't consider them "old" - anyway, a fallback doesn't hurt.

I hacked up a patch and would like to append it for comments from our osc
experts.

The patch itself looks ok to me but it breaks python24 compatibility. The
"except" has to be nested into an inner try statement:
try:
try:
<old code>
except URLGrabError, e:
<your code>
finally:
<old code>

Hehe, then I did it right in the first place, but "beautified" the code too
much.
I'll commit a version with nesting then.

Best,
Jan-Simon