[opensuse-buildservice] Hello List
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 17:27:51 +0100
Hello,

I'm new to this list and I would like to introduce myself.

My name is Stephan Kulow and I'm a web programmer living
in F├╝rth. I think the build service is a great tool, but its
web site could use some help, so I looked into the sources
and improved it to my liking and would like to have your feedback.

You can find my changes online under https://build.opensuse.org/stage

What I tried:
- do not include all existant javascript and css on all pages,
but use :yield :content_for_head
- make all pages I tried valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional (I'm sure
there are more subpages with broken stuff)
- do no longer call the API for package search in the project page,
but let the browser filter
- port all pages (mostly spinners) to jquery and remove prototype
- add a refresh icon to the repositories table on the project list
- add a little effect to the Watchlist popup

I would like you to test some if I missed some javascript functionality
that no longer works, so I can consider merging it into trunk.

Greetings, Stephan