Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS and BuildRoot(uclibc)
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 16:02:48 +0100
Am Mittwoch, 4. November 2009 15:16:33 schrieb Matwey V. Kornilov:
Hi,

OBS can build rpms, debs and even Kiwi images, when kiwi config exists. OBS
also can build with a number of different architectures. Are there any
possibilities for integration buildroot(buildroot.uclibc.org) building into
OBS? Basic ideology is the same: an user commits patches and configs to OBS
and It makes embedded images with embedded busybox/linux for him.

I have not much idea about buildroot, but when you adapt the build script from
the build package and provide a module like Build/{Rpm|Deb|..}.pm you have
already done 90%.

The rest would need to be done in the obs code, but I think, we can do this
easily, when you provide adaptions in the build package.

You find the svn of the build script sources here:

svn co https://forgesvn1.novell.com/svn/opensuse/trunk/buildservice/src/build

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH