Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Webclient test install
  • From: Thomas Schmidt <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 16:01:15 +0100
Christian Boltz wrote:
Hello,

on Mittwoch, 28. Oktober 2009, Thomas Schmidt wrote:
Hi, we installed a testversion of the current webclient svn
to: https://build.opensuse.org/stage/

It contains a new inplace login field, and some changes to the
codebase. Please check if everything works as expected, We plan to
put it into production at the end of the week if there are no
problems.

I found a small issue: When I hover the login area in Konqueror [1],
everything from "Username" to "Manage account" is underlined.
I doubt this is intended...
(This does not happen in Firefox.)

This one should be fixed now. For your request to a fast project/package access:
I like the idea, and we will keep in in mind for the future development.

Greetings

I'd like to propose another change:

A common usecase for me is that I want to go to a project or package
that is not in my watchlist. To do this, there are basically two ways:
a) go to the projects list, search for the project, click it, then click
the package
Disadvantage: this is slow and circumstantial
b) go to any project or package page, then modify the URL in the
browser's address bar.
Disadvantage: not really user-friendly

I'd like to have some of "quick jump" input fields where I can enter the
project and (optional) package name and am then taken to this
project/package.

A quick mockup is attached to this mail.

The code that handles this form would be very simple. Pseudocode:

if ($package == "") {
header("Location: project_page?project=$project")
} else {
header("Location: package_page?project=$project&package=$package")
}

Regards,

Christian Boltz

[1] Konqueror version from 11.2 RC1 + Updates

Thomas Schmidt (tom [at] opensuse.org)
openSUSE Boosters Team