[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-svn] r8446 - in trunk/buildservice/src/clientlib/python/osc: . osc
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 13:00:45 +0200
Author: jnweiger
Date: 2009-10-22 03:43:58 -0600 (Thu, 22 Oct 2009)
New Revision: 8446

..

- implemented 'osc ls .' to take proj/pack name from current directory.
* Incompatible change: 'osc ls' now defaults to 'osc ls .',
* Use 'osc ls /' if you really want to list all projects.
* This is meant as a proof of concept. I intend to generalize this
usage of '.' for all osc commands. Feedback welcome.

I like this. It's annoying to provide the project and package
when already working in that directory. This change makes the
commands more consistant, and the usage more similar to svn.

In general yes, but I would like to get incompatible changes discussed first.

And I would also like to see that we adapt all commands similar and have not
one-exceptions.

That and the fact that people had suddenly unexpanded problems with the ls
command was the reason that I reverted it first.

Juergen and me agreed that on writing a draft concept first, discuss that and
than we make all incompatible changes and name it a 1.0 release. With the
promise not do it again soon :)

So for now, please help us on working on the concept, there are plenty of
commands which need to get adapted (and would definitive win through a concept
like this).

Juergen works afaik already on a wiki page.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH