Re: [opensuse-buildservice] support for http range requests
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 20:26:56 +0200
On 2009-10-14 16:44:52 +0200, Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 04:21:11PM +0200, Marcus Hüwe wrote:
If there are no objections I'm going to commit it and the next step
will be
to implement range support in BSServerEvents::reply_file (or rather in
the
corresponding "stream" functions).

I think your change breaks the magic "split/join logfile stream request"
code in BSWatcher.pm, which currently relies on advancing a
"start" cgi parameter and doesn't look at http headers.

Hmm what do you exactly mean? Currently we pass the range header to the
BSWatcher::rpc(..) call, which does some "magic" and finally the request
hits the worker which simply uses BSHTTP::reply_file(..) to fullfil the
range request (in case a range header was specified). So the rpc magic
should still work correctly (at least I hope so:) / couldn't find a place
where the current code might break the rpc stuff).

See BSWatcher.pm's rpc_recv_forward_data_handler() function.
The idea is that multiple requests to the same logfile get
joined in the server and the build client needs only to serve
one request. This obviously only makes sense for requests that
stream the logfile while the build is running. You could just
don't join requests with range requests as a workaround.

Ah yes you're right. Thanks for the explanation! Finally I understood this
"joinable" concept:)

Marcus