Re: [opensuse-buildservice] inconsistent buildservice behaviour with compile flags?
  • From: Mathias Homann <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 13:59:58 +0200
Am Freitag, 16. Oktober 2009 13:35:34 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
Am Freitag, 16. Oktober 2009 13:28:54 schrieb Mathias Homann:
Hi,

I'm having the strangest thing with a package on the build service...

sometimes a build fails with the following output:
[ 1%] Building CXX object
llcharacter/CMakeFiles/llcharacter.dir/llbvhloader.cpp.o
cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors

and sometimes the build works just fine, with no changes to source or
specfile...

Seems that there is some randmness involved that sometimes compiles with
-Werror and sometimes without that flag.

Don't think that is expected behaviour, is it?

Hard to say without code snippets. However, you should ask the tool chain
folk in first place, I think.

The problem is, the build fails, I simply have it rebuilt, and the build gets
through just fine.
Building locally also works fine.

Looks to me as if some host configurations on the buildservice cluster differ
from others...

anyways, how/where do i "ask the toolchain folk"?

bye,
MH