Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build Team Meeting
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 13:56:09 +0200
Le mardi 13 octobre 2009, à 11:38 +0200, Adrian Schröter a écrit :
General consense is that we want to go to gitorious from svn (even though we
are a bit frightend of git). The suggestion from Luke to reorganize the
directory structure makes very much sense, we will do so after the move.

If you want to split out the code in different repositories, you can't
do this after the move. Or, well, you can, but you'll lose the "small
history" benefit: checking the code out will still have the whole
history for everything. It's better to reorganize during the move, if
possible.

For example, it should be trivial to create a stand-alone git repo for
osc with "git filter-branch --subdirectory-filter
src/clientlib/python/osc/ -- --all" (which is an example from the
filter-branch man page).

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.