[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-factory] Devel packages not a links to Factory
  • From: Richard Guenther <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 16:50:05 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009, Richard Guenther wrote:

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009, Michal Vyskocil wrote:

Hi,

during work on fix for apache2-mod_jk I found that even if the
Apache:Modules/apache2-mod_jk is marked as devel project, it contains
completely different package with newest version and a different history,
which makes it as devel project unusable. So I converted it to source link
and
submit a fix again.

Anyway I used an attached Python script to find all packages not have the
_link in a filelist - their maintainers would consider to fix it. I also
attached a list of affected packages.

BTW: is there any simple way how to convert the package to source link? I
used
the sequence

osc linkpac openSUSE:Factory $PACKAGE $PROJECT
osc rremove $PROJECT $PACKAGE `osc ls $PROJECT $PACKAGE | grep -v _link`

but it messed the commit log, because every one deletion is one commit.

Well, luckily you didn't catch devel:gcc/gdb. And of course a setup
this way may be completely on purpose! It definitely is for gdb.

Btw. the very much most important case in that this is the preferred
way is if you track an upstream rpm package and do not want to have
gazillions of merge errors just because the Factory package gets its
spec file munged completely on each checkin.

Ok, that had to be said.

.spec file changing on checkin is EVIL. EVIL. EVIL. (can't repeat
it often enough).

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <rguenther@xxxxxxx>