Re: [opensuse-buildservice] technical reorganisation svn->git and administrator mailing lists ?
  • From: Carsten Hoeger <choeger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 15:39:24 +0200
On Mon, Oct 12, Adrian Schröter wrote:

Mailing list re-org
One is this opensuse-buildservice ml, which is intended for developer
questions and for reporting issues with the opensuse.org instance.

opensuse-packaging is intended for topics how to use the OBS and general
packaging questions.

I would like to propose another buildservice-admin mailing list, esp. for
people who run a build service instance.

An open question is, if we should make the -admin ml world readable or a
closed and invatation only ml. The later would have the advantage that we
could use it also as reporting address for potential security issues.

What are your opinions about this ?

I'm always against creating more lists, I'm more the "consolidation" guy...
;-)

More lists result in more confusion (IMHO).

Background information:
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Support

bye
adrian