[opensuse-buildservice] technical reorganisation svn->git and administrator mailing lists ?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:05:28 +0200

Hello,

I would like to propose two changes in our development enviroments.

svn to gitorious
================

openSUSE is currently consolidating its svn/git/... systems to gitorious.
I would like to propose that we move the entire openSUSE svn from
forge.novell.com, including the Build Service also to this place.

http://gitorious.org/opensuse/

As a side effect, this would be a switch from subversion to git. git is more
feature rich, but less obvious to use.
Also the account at gitorious will not be the same as in the rest in the
infrastructure. So it will be a bit harder to verify if user X at gitorious is
really user Y in bugzilla/OBS/....

Are there concerns in doing this ?

Mailing list re-org
One is this opensuse-buildservice ml, which is intended for developer
questions and for reporting issues with the opensuse.org instance.

opensuse-packaging is intended for topics how to use the OBS and general
packaging questions.

I would like to propose another buildservice-admin mailing list, esp. for
people who run a build service instance.

An open question is, if we should make the -admin ml world readable or a
closed and invatation only ml. The later would have the advantage that we
could use it also as reporting address for potential security issues.

What are your opinions about this ?

Background information:
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Support

bye