Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS very slow
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 08:57:34 +0200
Am Freitag, 9. Oktober 2009 21:10:12 schrieb Sascha 'saigkill' Manns:
Hi Mates,

is this just my feeling, or is OBS atm slower?

it is for two reasons:

* The new and fast scheduler code is able to trigger way more jobs in the same
time.
The dispatcher is not clever enough to prefer the jobs which are more
important. We need to work on this.

* Our build2X hosts are still either broken (disabled) or not correct setup,
which makes them slower. (WIP)

* We moved all build hosts from one server room to another one, so they were
partly switched off last week.

We work on all this ...

bye
adrian