Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Need some help with project setup etc.
  • From: MasterPatricko <masterpatricko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 00:41:55 +0100
Robert Schweikert wrote:
I've managed to create my home project and somehow I even managed to
create a perlcritic sub-project. ALthough I am not sure how I did this.

Now my questions:
1.) Since B-Keywords is just Perl how can I manage to create a noarch
package?
In the spec file "BuildArch: noarch" should do it. But note that not
just the files but also the _file structure_ has to be noarch. I think
the suse perl setup is arch-independent so you should be OK.
2.) As far as I can tell perl-B-Keywords sits at the top level of my
home project. However, I'd like it to be a sub-project. How can I move
it to be a sub-project?
To create sub-projects of your home project it is easiest just to use
the link in the webclient, otherwise to create use "osc meta -e prj".
Use "osc copypac" or similar to move it to the new project (copy then
delete).
3.) On my local build I get the error "error: failed to stat
/sys/kernel/debug: No such file or directory" what does this mean?
This is just the build script doing routine checks, shouldn't be fatal.
4.) On the server the build fails apparently due to:
"perl-B-Keywords-1.09-3.1.i586.rpm: directories not owned by a
package:", what does this mean and how can I fix it.
Everything on the system should be owned by some package or other. Your
package creates the directory |/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/B and
so should own it, i.e. it should appear in your package filelist
(possibly prefixed by %dir if you do not want to own other files in the
directory).|

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert