Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Package License question
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 22:25:41 +0200
On Thursday 01 October 2009 21:19:57 Filipe Fernandes wrote:
Hello all,

I would like to create a package for szip, a compression software to be
used by hdf4/5 and netcdf. I know that it is free for non-comercial use.
Also, Fedora used to have this package in the past, but removed it from
their repositories.

I'm not sure what the OpenSuse policies are on this matter. Therefore
I'm copying the license below. Thank you all for the attention.

openSUSE allows only packages with an OSI approved license
(www.opensource.org/licenses) in the Build Service - anything else is
excpetional and will only be handled in the non-oss repository.

I'm not a lawyer but I think that the license you appended is not OSI approved
since it restricts it's usage,

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany