Re: [opensuse-buildservice] _buildinfo inconsistency
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 21:29:33 +0200
Am Dienstag, 8. September 2009 20:58:00 schrieb Michal Marek:
Adrian Schröter napsal(a):
Am Dienstag, 8. September 2009 16:01:07 schrieb Michal Marek:
Because of the missing <release>2.2</release> element, osc doesn't
substitute release numbers when building locally. Should osc work around
this (get the buildinfo a second time to find out the release) or should
the backend be fixed (bs_repserver, function getbuildinfo(), that
doesn't fetch the required pieces when called from getbuildinfo_post())?

This is by intention, because it is not an official build. (osc build is
always the POST operation).

We neither want to increment the build number on the server for each
local build,

osc api /build/home:michal-m/openSUSE_11.0/x86_64/nafe/_buildinfo does
not change anything on the server.

nor we want that your local built package gets not updated by the later
build from the server.

If I build locally and then check in, the source revision gets
incremented, so that should not be a problem. And even if it is, we can
add an option to disable this. BTW osc does have code to handle the
<release> element, so this is definitely a regression caused by a change
in bs_repserver.

Not really, the code in osc for this is rather new, but was never used
actually.

The question is whether to fix it there or workaround
it in osc.

Is this a problem for you somewhere ?

E.g.
$ osc co openSUSE:11.1:Update psmisc
$ cd openSUSE:11.1:Update/psmisc
$ osc build standard x86_64
produces a package called psmisc-22.6-61.<RELEASE27>.x86_64.rpm.

I think we can publish the old release number also in the POST operation, but
does make this really something better ?

hm, maybe we should set it always to zero, so it gets updated in any case
again (and --old-package or --force would be anyway needed as long do not a
current +1 what would mean the package would not get updated with the final
one from the server).

Need to think about this ....

good evening
adrian