Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS for native Windows nodes
  • From: Petit Eric <surfzoid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 10:56:50 +0200
I already wrote a cross platform OBS client, called MonoOSC.
With Everaldo Canuto, from Mono/Novel team, we work on an cross
platform RPM Manager :-)

2009/9/4 John Pye <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi all

I expanded my page about Windows support for OBS as a build client on
native Windows build-nodes. The idea is to build packages directly on
Windows machines using MinGW, rather than using cross-compilers.
Accompanying the concept is a concept for a package manager for Windows
that would deal with dependencies in a way that interoperates with the
usually 'standalone' installers common on Windows.

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Concepts/Windows_Support

Would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Also any thoughts on how such a thing might translate to Mac OS X, as
well. Could it be possible for such a thing to work on both platforms?

Cheers
JP

Cordially.

Small Eric Quotations of the days: