[opensuse-buildservice] OBS for native Windows nodes
  • From: John Pye <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 13:35:05 +1000
Hi all

I expanded my page about Windows support for OBS as a build client on
native Windows build-nodes. The idea is to build packages directly on
Windows machines using MinGW, rather than using cross-compilers.
Accompanying the concept is a concept for a package manager for Windows
that would deal with dependencies in a way that interoperates with the
usually 'standalone' installers common on Windows.

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Concepts/Windows_Support

Would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Also any thoughts on how such a thing might translate to Mac OS X, as
well. Could it be possible for such a thing to work on both platforms?

Cheers
JP