Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc 0.121 candidate
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 12:22:17 -0500
On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Marcus Hüwe<suse-tux@xxxxxx> wrote:
On 2009-09-02 12:05:19 -0500, Jon Nelson wrote:
there were plenty changes in osc svn, so it is time for a new release.
However, there might be unwanted incompatibilities, so I prepared first a
candidate in openSUSE:Tools:Unstable

I'd like to see the

File `somefile' is not in package meta. Would you like
skip/remove/edit file lists/commit/abort? (s/r/e/c/A)

part removed. I personally find it very annoying.
Also, the question itself doesn't really make sense.

If you want to disable this check add "check_filelist = 0" to the "[general]"
section in your ~/.oscrc. IMHO it would be better if it only checks for files
which are referenced in the spec file (SourceX, PatchX etc) instead of
all files in the working copy.

OK. I have a few suggestions then:

1. document this. I don't see a sample oscrc anywhere in the package,
documenting all of the various options and such.

2. make the default, if no config item is present, to skip - this
preserves backwards compatability and allows those that desire to set
it up some other way.

3. Another option "warn" seems reasonable.