Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Why doesn't osc use rpm-python?
  • From: Luke Imhoff <luke@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 08:37:01 -0500
Marcus Hüwe wrote:
On 2009-08-18 11:10:10 -0500, Luke Imhoff wrote:
Is there a reason why osc calls rpm directly using subprocess instead of using the rpm python library from rpm-python? I'm trying to finish Marcus Hüwe work on injecting local rpm data and I was going to use the
That's funny because some hours ago I committed the first patch for this
feature:)
What have you changed so far?

rpm library, but if there's some design reason to not use it, I'll use subprocess calls to rpm.
I don't know if rpm-python is available on all distributions where we
build osc so we tried to avoid a new dependency.

Marcus
I've seen that you've got the server-side changes in revision 7900 and 7901. Are the client-side (osc) changes in a later revision already? I looked at the logs for your other later revisions, but nothing jumped out as being for the inject local rpm data change for osc.