Re: [opensuse-buildservice] buildservice breaks a package
  • From: David Haller <dnh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 04:56:57 +0200
Hello,

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009, Mathias Homann wrote:
Adrian Schröter schrieb:
Am Mittwoch, 19. August 2009 13:27:21 schrieb Mathias Homann:
i have this package which builds just fine locally, even when i check it
with rpmlint, but on buildservice it breaks with this:

where did that come from?

These are the brp checks on top of the the build (and rpmlint). I bet these
errors are also inside your usual package build, just not detected.

do a
grep /var/tmp /usr/bin/slitechat

to see if this string matches (which can be actually a serious security
problem).

no matches:

mathias@lapislazuli:~/Work/susebuild/home:lemmy04/slitechat> grep /var/tmp
/usr/bin/slitechat

Actually, if I read the messages correctly, the offending RPATH was
'/usr/src/...'. So do a 'grep /usr/src' on the binary (usually
'strings binary | grep ...' works too, with "safe for not messing up
your terminal'-output.

HTH,
-dnh

--
We call this principle 'Plug and Play'. Or at least Microsoft calls it that
because it hasn't got it yet. In the Mac World, we've had it for so long we