Re: [opensuse-buildservice] different control files for different debian platforms?
  • From: Paul Elliott <pelliott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 11:09:35 -0500
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 10:10:15AM +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Freitag, 21. August 2009 02:03:24 schrieb Paul Elliott:
On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 09:44:35AM +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
%if 0%{?debian_version}

I have experimented with conditionals like this and
the behaviour I observe is that the build service behaves
like they are always false.

Substitute, required works if used unconditionaly. But if
you use %if expressions like the above, and it behaves
as if it is always false.

I am trying to vary the way my project builds depending on
platform. Therefore I should not define, but only use these macros.

Where are these expressions documented?

They are rpm like, so rpm macros are basically the specification.

What is and example project that uses expressions like this
to vary behaviour depending on platform?

osc meta prjconf openSUSE:Tools
This does not use the %if 0%{?debian_version} construct
it does use '%if "%_repository" == "images"' However:

-----------------cut here with a chain saw
osc meta prjconf openSUSE:Tools
%if "%_repository" == "images"
Type: kiwi
Repotype: none
Patterntype: none
%endif

# Test build-compare
#%if "%_repository" == "openSUSE_11.1"
#Support: build-compare
#Keep: build-compare
#%endif

Prefer: openSUSE-release openSUSE-release-ftp

Substitute: kiwi-filesystem:ext3 e2fsprogs procps psmisc reiserfs
Substitute: kiwi-boot:netboot kiwi-desc-netboot kiwi-desc-xenboot ncurses-utils
curl dhcpcd iputils nbd net-tools netcfg nfs-client parted grub mdadm cromfs
Substitute: kiwi-packagemanager:zypper zypper
Substitute: kiwi-packagemanager:smart smart

My experiments show that %if 0%{?debian_version} acts as if it is
always false.

--
Paul Elliott 1(512)837-1096
pelliott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J