RE: [opensuse-buildservice] Setting Optflags in remote builds?
  • From: "Scott Cantor" <cantor.2@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 10:27:20 -0400
Adrian Schröter wrote on 2009-08-21:
Do you use $RPM_OPT_FLAGS at all in your package/spec file ?

No, I assumed that since the flags being used weren't "as typical" for Red
Hat 5 that something automatic was happening.

All what happens is that these flags get added there. But if you do not
have
something like

export CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS"
before running configure/make it will have no effect. You can see also
in the build log when executing the export command which flags are
inside.

Right, I saw the wrong flags in the log (that's how I knew it wasn't using
the right flags). I'll correct my specfiles, thanks very much.

-- Scott