[opensuse-buildservice] Setting Optflags in remote builds?
  • From: "Scott Cantor" <cantor.2@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:56:46 -0400
Related to my question about getting -fPIC to work on Red Hat 5, I'm not
having any success using osc meta prjconf to create a custom set of Optflag
settings to use for non-local builds. I guess I interpreted the
documentation as implying that that was the whole point of creating a custom
build config.

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/prjconf

Is there some kind of delay involved? An additional step to enable them? No
way to do it at all?

What I specifically did was check out my project, then run osc meta prjconf
<project> -e and put just a set of Optflag lines into the file copied from
the settings in the osc default config I found. If the build service was
using these settings to begin with, I'd be ok, but it's using stale values.

Anyway, then I triggered a rebuild of an affected package, but it's still
using the same Optflags as before.

-- Scott