Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Pruning builds to conserve build power?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:57:54 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 20. August 2009 14:29:28 schrieb Ludwig Nussel:
Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
I'm not sure whether this has been given some thought yet.

But it seems that there's an awful lot of build power "wasted" to
rebuild packages that don't have users (anymore), or a lot of _links
around which are no longer used etc.

Is there possibly some way to prune them from blocking the rebuild power
of the system?

I'd find that useful for devel projects that only serve as staging
for another repo like Factory at least. Build could be disabled if
the link specifies no patch in that case.

not really, there is quite often the usecase to rebuild eg the Factory source
against openSUSE 11.1 distribution.

But I am current build-disable all home: projects without any modification
since 1 year (as announced here before).

Non home: projects get currently processed manually.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH