Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Why doesn't osc use rpm-python?
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 18:51:30 +0200
On 2009-08-18 11:10:10 -0500, Luke Imhoff wrote:
Is there a reason why osc calls rpm directly using subprocess instead of
using the rpm python library from rpm-python? I'm trying to finish
Marcus Hüwe work on injecting local rpm data and I was going to use the
That's funny because some hours ago I committed the first patch for this
feature:)
What have you changed so far?

rpm library, but if there's some design reason to not use it, I'll use
subprocess calls to rpm.
I don't know if rpm-python is available on all distributions where we
build osc so we tried to avoid a new dependency.

Marcus