[opensuse-buildservice] Atomic package set updates
  • From: Luke Imhoff <luke@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:15:52 -0500
Here's the use case we have for our developers:

1) The kernel gets a change by a checkin of kernel-source by Alice. This triggers a build of kernel-FLAVORs and kernel-syms as they are all linked to the kernel-source package (and any indirect dependents).
2) kernel-source finishes building
3) kernel-source is available for build use now
4) kernel-syms hasn't finished building as it's wating on kernel-FLAVORs (which take longer than kernel-source)
5) Bob tries to build foo-kmp, which BuildRequires kernel-source and kernel-syms, but osc buildinfo says expansion error because kernel-syms cannot find the old version of kernel-source. kernel-syms has Requires: kernel-source = %{version}-%{release} to make sure they tightly match.

Now we could get around this by making kernel-syms not dependent on a strict version-release match with kernel-source, but then the kernel-syms would be incorrect if the developer tried to build against it. So, is there someway to not release the changes in kernel-source that affect the buildinfo to developers doing local builds with 'osc build' until after all builds triggered by the checkin of kernel-source finishes?