Re: [opensuse-buildservice] [osc] patch to support overlay filesystem - RFC
  • From: "Jan-Simon Möller" <dl9pf@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:38:40 +0200
Am Tuesday 11 August 2009 20:15:05 schrieb David Greaves:
Luke Imhoff wrote:
Maybe this goes against the philosphy of the build script, but couldn't
you use rsync instead of taring and untaring? This would help with a
use case where our users are complaining about having to tar and untar
big things, like the kernel-source, when doing development. We could
just treat their Subversion workareas as the overlay directory and
overlay it where kernel-source.tar.bz2 would be untarred normally. This
would necessitate specifying the root of the overlay in the chroot
though, so may make this overcomplicated.

I could use that for Qt too:

--overlay <source path>[ = <target path>]

where <target path> defaults to / but would often be /usr/src/packages/BUILD

Ok, a version using rsync is working, but its not that easy ;) - atm I'm testing
rpm build and rpmbuild will do %prep and %setup . This inclues a
"rm <name-version>; tar -xf name-version.tar". So the rsynced tree is lost :P .

Assuming the rsynced tree needs no patches and setup and stuff, I'll handle that
for rpm, but we've to see how debian extracts the sources and if it can be
tweaked.

Best,
Jan-Simon