Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Does osc modify gcc build flags?
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:28:44 +0200
Dave Plater napsal(a):
On 08/12/2009 11:09 AM, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
Are you refering to the initial checking of the result after the
build was successful? Yes, there are many more checks run afterwards, called
brp-checks and rpmlint.
Most of them are heuristic analysis of the built rpms and the compiler
output. (especially the 'initialized variables' are just collected from the
compiler log and raised as warnings so they are not just missed in the huge
build logs.

Dominique

When I use rpmbuild to build the package, I don't get any "is used
uninitialized" errors in the log but with osc build the errors are in
the log. This is using the same package and spec file.

Do you refer to the actual compiler warnings or the error summary
printed by the build script? Also, if you have an older gcc version in
your system, it might simply miss some cases. Or simply paste here the
exact messages you are getting with osc and missing with rpmbuild.

Michal