Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Does osc modify gcc build flags?
  • From: Dave Plater <dave.plater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:05:43 +0200
On 08/12/2009 01:23 AM, Philipp Thomas wrote:
On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 10:58:14 +0200, you wrote:

Hi, I have a package that when building with osc gives a warning about
uninitialized variables being used but rpmbuild doesn't. Is there a way
to receive these warnings using make?

If you only want the warnings, make sure optimization is turned on
(-O2 or higher) and -Wall is passed to the compiler.

Philipp

I've used -O2 -Wall -Wextra and I still can't get the uninitialized
variables to come up locally. Rpmbuild uses those switches by default,
it's still only osc which throws the "is used uninitialized" warning.
There must be something that osc does that plain rpmbuild doesn't.
Regards
Dave P