Re: [opensuse-buildservice] [osc] patch to support overlay filesystem - RFC
  • From: David Greaves <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 19:15:05 +0100
Luke Imhoff wrote:
Maybe this goes against the philosphy of the build script, but couldn't
you use rsync instead of taring and untaring? This would help with a
use case where our users are complaining about having to tar and untar
big things, like the kernel-source, when doing development. We could
just treat their Subversion workareas as the overlay directory and
overlay it where kernel-source.tar.bz2 would be untarred normally. This
would necessitate specifying the root of the overlay in the chroot
though, so may make this overcomplicated.

I could use that for Qt too:

--overlay <source path>[ = <target path>]

where <target path> defaults to / but would often be /usr/src/packages/BUILD

David

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."