Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Notifications (was: Re: [opensuse-packaging] New packages for factory)
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 19:05:56 +0200

* Wed Jan 14 2009 johndoe@somewhere
- removed various obsolete stuff

Now I want to know exactly what johndoe did at that time.

My first problem is to find out the osc revision which matches
to this RPM changelog entry. I don't know a direct way to get it.

You even have more problems, you don't know from which project (or even
package) this is build from and you don't know which code version it is
exactly (there might be multiple versions with this last changelog entry).
Last but not least, you don't know if it is really from this build service
instance.

We have introduced therefore the disturl tag sicne SLE 11. So please ask
your users for the output of it:

# rpm -q --qf '%{DISTURL}\n' osc
obs://build.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Tools/openSUSE_Factory/8f3b8001f49bc9e991
b80cf0d7cfb5c4- osc

you can check out the code now via

# osc co openSUSE:Tools osc -r 8f3b8001f49bc9e991b80cf0d7cfb5c4

or call rdiff to see the changes since then.

Nevertheless there is an "osc blame" missing of course which could be used to
find out the source revisions between this changelog entry and the version
before.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH