[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Notifications (was: Re: [opensuse-packaging] New packages for factory)
  • From: Juergen Weigert <jw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 18:32:54 +0200
On Aug 11, 09 12:45:57 +0200, Johannes Meixner wrote:
it does, check "osc log".

This is mostly useless for me:
jsmeix@nelson:/obs $ osc log openSUSE:Factory cups

shows all entries with "unknown" and "<no message>" but I know
that I explicitely provided messages while I did "osc commit".

Buildservice does not forward commit logs.
instead of
$ osc log openSUSE:Factory PKG
you almost always want to run

$ osc meta pkg openSUSE:Factory cups | grep devel
<devel package="PKG" project="BSDEVELPRJ"/>
$ osc log BSDEVELPRJ PKG

In contrast it is crucial to have meningful "osc log" messages
when I query whatever package on the server to find out which
revisions are of particular interest regarding a particular issue.

No. You learn where the tar-pits are.

cheers,
JW-

\ | 0911 74053-508 __/ (____/ /\