[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Notifications (was: Re: [opensuse-packaging] New packages forfactory)
  • From: "Hans-Peter Jansen" <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:46:09 +0200
[Sorry, I broke cross posting: still awaiting caffeination impact..]

Am Dienstag, 11. August 2009 schrieb Dominique Leuenberger:
On 8/10/2009 at 19:54, Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx> wrote:

But the largest blocker for me is that I don't get any commit diffs at
all. (Not implemented.) How can I track the work of others, and review
it, and how can they follow on what I do, without? So far, I have to
rely on good commit messages, or dig out the changes in an elaborate
manual process.

Well, the commit diff in a mail would be a nice addition, but you can
always use osc rq show <id> --diff

This normally serves quite well. Or did you mean something else?

Well, the question is, if it is that easy, what does it take to append this
to the notification mail?

If something looks obviously fishy, you spare one terminal/MUA turnaround
cycle (one less need to carry the <id> around, etc...)

Even from a sr POV, this diff would be nice (when accepted), as I was
responsible for a python-qt4 build glitch lately, and this message would
have given me a clue, at which point the issue creeped in.

Pete