Re: [opensuse-buildservice] how to find out why a package is excluded from build?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:31:50 +0200
Am Dienstag, 11. August 2009 01:42:24 schrieb Ruediger Oertel:
On Monday 10 August 2009 18:12:25 Carsten Hoeger wrote:
Hi,

I copied my branding package from the Education project:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=gfxboot-branding-ox&proje
ct =server%3AOX%3Aunsupported

It builds locally now using osc build but issues some warnings, though:

[...]
the warnings from rpmlint (or similar the errors) can lead to a failed
package but not to the package being ignored.

OBS just silently excludes that package.
Any idea?

looking at the above URL, I see that build is disabled for almost all
distributions/architectures except for openSUSE 11.1 on i586
(where the package does build) and except for xUbuntu, where the
package is probably ignored for only having a specfile and not a dsc-file
(AFAIK the latter distrubutions are deb-based and not rpm based)

In other words: could you try enabling the build flags for the
distributions disabled in the package flags (by clicking on the gearwheel
icon) ?

We discussed this on IRC yesterday, it was caused by a global setting in
choegers project that all repos are type "kiwi". So a spec file was not
appropriate and the scheduler excluded it.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH