[opensuse-buildservice] how to find out why a package is excluded from build?
  • From: Carsten Hoeger <choeger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 18:12:25 +0200
Hi,

I copied my branding package from the Education project:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=gfxboot-branding-ox&project=server%3AOX%3Aunsupported

It builds locally now using osc build but issues some warnings, though:

RPMLINT report:
===============
gfxboot-branding-ox.noarch: W: no-changelogname-tag
gfxboot-branding-ox.src: W: no-changelogname-tag
There is no %changelog tag in your spec file. To insert it, just insert a
'%changelog' in your spec file and rebuild it.

gfxboot-branding-ox.noarch: W: suse-branding-missing-conflicts
otherproviders(gfxboot-branding)
Any branding flavor package that provides the generic branding must also
conflict with all other branding packages via a special otherproviders()

gfxboot-branding-ox.noarch: W: suse-branding-supplement-missing
packageand(gfxboot:branding-ox)
branding packages should provide a supplemnent in the form Supplements:
packageand(basepackage:branding-<flavour>)

gfxboot-branding-ox.noarch: W: suse-branding-wrong-branding-supplement
packageand(branding-ox:gfxboot)
2 packages and 0 specfiles checked; 0 errors, 5 warnings.

mobile finished "build gfxboot-branding-ox.spec" at Mon Aug 10 18:02:25 CEST
2009.

I've no idea why it insists on missing the %changelog tag, because it is
really there. The other warnings also appear in the buildlog of the gfxboot
package from Education, so I assume that I can just ignore them.

OBS just silently excludes that package.
Any idea?

--
With best regards,

Carsten Hoeger