Re: [opensuse-buildservice] different package versions for subpackages
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 23:40:42 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 5. August 2009 21:36:32 schrieb Wolfgang Rosenauer:
Hi,

I have a package which includes a subpackage where I want to have a
different version number as for the main package.
This basically seems to work until it comes to Release numbers.

RPM seems to support the different versions correctly but the
buildservice apparently has a problem with it as release numbers are
always identical for all packages created from one source rpm which
could lead to release numbers going down if main package version number
gets increased while the subpackage version number stays the same.

Yes, but why is that a problem ?

All updaters compare $version-$release and never look on the release alone.

So, if the version increases, it shouldn't be a problem when the release
number goes done.

bye
adrian.

The Factory package which is affected is MozillaThunderbird which also
creates the enigmail subpackage with its own version number.

Is that really not possible or could that be fixed?

Wolfgang

SUSE Linux Products GmbH