Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc package cache dir cleanup
  • From: MasterPatricko <masterpatricko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 19:20:26 +0100
Kyrill Detinov wrote:
Tuesday 04 August 2009

On Tuesday 04 August 2009 22:30:28 MasterPatricko wrote:

Is there any simple way (maybe script) to delete obsolete versions
of packages from local osc package cache directory?

Here's a very simple draft I wrote more as an experiment in bash
progress indicators than anything else.

Its grossly inefficient and probably shows off lots of bad bash
habits but it sortof works and might be a good start for what you are
thinking of.

Thanks for the script.
I run it and got error: sort: invalid option -- 'V'
As far as I can see there isn't option -V in sort help.
What do you mean in sort -k2 -V "${txttempdir}/${txtfilename}"?

sorry, I wrote this script on Factory (coreutils v. 7.1) ...
sort -V (version-sort) is a new feature introduced in coreutils v. 7.0.
SUSE 11.1 is only on v. 6.12, so you are quite right it is missing that
command ... I don't know if it is safe to upgrade coreutils or if a
suitable replacement hack can be created.

Regards,

MasterPatricko