Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build Team Meeting
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 16:38:28 +0200
Am Dienstag, 4. August 2009 16:30:59 schrieb Greg Freemyer:
On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 10:16 AM, Adrian Schröter<adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>

HPPA Builds
===========

Berthold develops HPPA openSUSE distro as hobby project. He will try
build it in an own build service instance to learn the OBS code.
We may publish later a HPPA openSUSE snapshot and look how much
interesst is there in it.

Adrian,

Didn't the HPPA architecture end of life recently. I realize HP will
still sell parts, etc. but I don't think you can buy a new machine as
of a few months ago.

Doesn't seem like a logical choice to actually release for opensuse.

I guess the used market will be strong for a while longer.

As written this is a pure private hobby project. We as openSUSE or Novell
don't invest there really anything.

But adding a new architecture is a very good learning point for someone who
wants to dig into build service.

But yes it is quite unlikely that there will be ever a official openSUSE HPPA
release, except some community comes together and is pushing it.

btw, I learned also a lot when creating a SUSE 8.1 for mips internally only ;)

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH