[opensuse-buildservice] RFC: osc and bugzilla integration
  • From: Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 09:00:18 +0200
Hi all,

Ubuntu uses bazaar for package development (like we use osc) and they has a
nice feature [1], which integrates their bug tracker and a bzr. I considered
this feature should be nice for openSUSE. But we have a different workflow, so
it must be supported by BuildService. I propose this

$ osc sr --bug bnc:12345 -m "description"
# This adds a bug number to submit request metadata and add a notice to
# bugzilla. The later
$ osc request accept/revoke/...
# adds a notice to the same bug and mark it as FIXED, if the request is
# accepted.

[1] http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/latest/en/user-guide/index.html#bug-trackers

Regards
Michal Vyskocil