Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Package depending on apache module...
  • From: Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 19:40:42 +0200
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 08:51:36 -0400, "Andrés G. Aragoneses" wrote:
I have a package that should depend on an apache module
(mod_rewrite.so). I guess the better policy for this is make its
configuration file (/etc/apache2/conf.d/myconf.conf) include LoadModule
line, right?

The problem is that line requires a path, and some systems use
/usr/lib/apache2-worker/ instead of /usr/lib/apache2/ , so any idea on
how to solve this?

Thanks,

Andrés

Is the module only for openSUSE/SLE?

If you want to force loading the module, run
a2enmod rewrite
in the %post script of your package. This takes care of the path.

But note that admins might want to have your package installed without
having the module (re-)added upon each package update. That can be
inconvenient (the apache2-mod_apparmor package did that in the past).

(The %post section could be written as to do this only when installing
the first time, and not on updates. Ask opensuse-packaging@ for
details.)

You could as well document the need to run the "a2enmod rewrite"
command. Dont't know if that is sufficient for your users.

Thanks,
Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development