Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Conventions for game packages
  • From: "Sascha 'saigkill' Manns" <samannsml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 18:20:59 +0200
Am Sonntag 26 Juli 2009 16:55:21 wrote Sascha 'saigkill' Manns:
Hi Vincent,

Am Sonntag 26 Juli 2009 14:16:56 wrote Vincent Petry:
Hi,

Other related questions to game packaging:
1) Currently I'm packaging a game (let's call it "thegame") that
only has one thegame.tar.gz archive, containing the source files
and data files. I've written a shell script that splits that file
into two separate thegame.tar.bz2 files and thegame-data.tar.bz2. I
included the shell script in the package sources for convenience. I
assume that it's a common practice. Can you confirm this ?

2) When splitting the package, should I create one single package
in OBS containing both spec files (thegame.spec and
thegame-data.spec), or rather use two separate OBS packages
"thegame" and
"thegame-data", each one with a single spec file ?

You don't must split the tar.bz2 into 2 or more different tars. You
can use one Source and can split the Package into different Packages.
As Example i've attached an Spec.

HTH Sascha
Excuse me i have it misunderstood. As the Conventionsite says, it is
better to make two tarballs ...
--
Sincerely yours

Sascha Manns