Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Need help to build package - ramlog
  • From: Michal Seben <mseben@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:35:37 +0200
doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello,
I had to add ramlog.8.gz it was inside file ramlog-1.1.0-1.tar.gz
It was added to the file list ok.

Question: Now do I trigger a build by pressing [Trigger Rebuild], or do I
just wait ?
Current status is fail (because it could not find ramlog.8.gz)
package
->https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=ramlog&project=home%3Adoiggl
Glenn

Dominique wrote

Just wait. The scheduler will pick it up. This can sometimes take a while
(especially now OBS is a little bit busy).

no you don't need trigger you must add %prep section with %setup macro
for extract tarball (e.g. before %install section):

%prep
%setup -q -c %{name}

-q -- less verbose
-c create directory, because your tarball doesn't looks health :(

see http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/s1-rpm-inside-macros.html