Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Where does build service look for dependents?
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:31:17 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

On Jul 17 10:58 Adrian Schröter wrote (shortened):
Am Freitag, 17. Juli 2009 10:01:11 schrieb Johannes Meixner:
Hello,

On Jul 16 10:11 Dave Plater wrote (shortened):
if I have the BuildRequires packages present in my project will
they be the packages used in the build?

Not by default.
By default the BuildRequires packages are used from what is
defined to be the build repository for the package.

But the packages from the same project are always used by default (except
someone disable "useforbuild" and calls wipebinaries).

This default confuses me because - as far as I understand it - it means
that when there is a whatever kind of broken package in a development
project (here "broken" means it builds but does not work as it should)
other packages in the development project may become also broken.

This default means for development projects that all the packages
therein must be kept "in sync" (in particular regarding backward
compatibility). Otherwise with this default it is not possible
to safely try out something for one package in a development project
without the risk to cause bad side-effects for other packages therein.

Is my understanding correct?

Where can I "disable 'useforbuild'"?
(My "osc help build" does not tell about "useforbuild".)

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex
< Previous Next >